Friday, October 12, 2012

The Way

Well, friends, it's been a long time coming. . . .

While I engaged in my daily T'ai Chi Chih practice over the past week I allowed myself to simmer in the juices of contemplation. Is it time to end this blog? Or time to pause or alter my commitment to a regular daily entry in "Rooted in Earth, Suspended from Sky"? Or ???

I've felt a desire to get off the computer bandwagon for some time now. Recent sporadic blog entries were an indication that I found it difficult to place my fingertips on computer keys and to find words, ideas, and insights that were compelling to me and my readers. In truth, I was adrift on a sea of shifting tides.

There are many reasons for my decision to stop writing a daily blog not the least of which is the death of my computer. It's hard to juggle my computer needs with Frances's since we now both share her laptop.

Plus, as Frances's computer use has increased my own computer use has declined. I'm not enamored with the state of the world these days and feel no desire to read news online. I've virtually given up on Facebook (it's too time consuming for what I get out of it), and any meaningful e-mail communications--just like my airmail communications--have dwindled to the point where I've lost interest in opening or reading the vast majority of virtual or print mail that I receive.

But here's the upside. I initiated this blog as a way to ensure that I did a daily T'ai Chi Chih practice and now, almost three years later, I can say with all honesty that my strategy worked. I've missed one, perhaps two days of TCC practice in the 1,054 days since I began this undertaking. And now it's time to see whether I can continue a daily TCC practice on my own without a virtual audience to motivate and inspire me.

Clearly, it's time for a change. Perhaps that change will mean that I focus my efforts on a once-weekly or once-monthly blog or perhaps I'll realize that I no longer need to write a T'ai Chi Chih blog at all.

My thanks to those of you who have been loyal readers of "Rooted ... and Suspended ..." For the moment I'm content to see where the Chi carries me and I don't have a clue where my path will lead. I'll simply live in the Now and be open to life's possibilities for, as we know, that is The Way.

No comments: