Thursday, October 4, 2012

TCC for Health Maintenance and Visitor Burnout

Tuesday, October 2, 2012:

Since I'm still fighting a sore throat today I invested myself in a pre-bed combination T'ai Chi Chih and qigong practice to stimulate more chi circulation. We'll see what tomorrow brings....

Wednesday, October 3, 2012:

I awoke today with lots of energy. The day was spent processing more tomatoes (an entire day producing a quintuple batch of tomato soup), scheduling my winter/spring TCC classes, and prepping for tonight's two TCC classes.

My personal TCC practice consisted of two back-to-back TCC class sessions for a total of about two hours of practice. My throat was sore after teaching for two and a half hours, but I hoped that the additional time spent circulating chi would stand me in good stead.

I arrived home after class--and grocery shopping--feeling energetic and downright good.

Thursday, October 4, 2012:

I woke with sniffles and a lower register voice but, by day's end, felt better. My evening TCC practice was done in front of a dark window with the sound of a brisk wind blowing outside.

There's snow falling on the Iron Range in Minnesota and along the Red River Valley (up to 12 inches predicted). Our local forecast calls for much cooler temps (the high winds are definitely blowing them in) with a chance of snow and/or rain tomorrow morning.

Bayfield's annual Apple Fest starts in the AM so those who plan to attend will have to bundle up and hope for the best. I'm scheduled to work at the library all day and will spend my time directing visitors to bathrooms (which are always in high demand) and the book sale in the downstairs level.

I'll plan to fit in an early morning TCC practice to help me make it through a long, slow day since there won't be much regular library business due to the hordes of people passing through downtown and massing in he downstairs basement to sort through the extensive collection of books, DVDs, and music CDs for sale at the astounding price of 3 for $1.

Yep, a morning TCC practice will definitely help me make it through the multitude of challenges that arise--not the least of which is finding a parking spot--due to the influx of thousands of visitors who visit our small town of 438 residents during the first weekend in October....

No comments: