Friday, September 7, 2012

Taking It Slow

Friday, September 7, 2012:

Yesterday was a lost cause as far as T'ai Chi Chih practice was concerned. It was the first time both Frances and I were home together to collaborate on canning. And we canned as fast as we could heat water: two batches of salsa, two batches of tomato sauce for pasta, Indian pickles, and five quarts of whole tomatoes.

I was on my feet the entire day and, when I finally sat down, I fell asleep instantly. Nope, no TCC practice for me.

Today I still feel tired from all the vegetable processing (and, perhaps, because I didn't get my TCC practice in). My first order of business after labeling all the canned jars (which, by the way, I dated 8/6/12 rather than 9/6 ... I still can't believe that summer is gone) was to do my practice.

Oh, it felt good to slow down, release tension, relax. And that, my friends, is my plan for today (we'll see if I can manage to take it slow all day long).

No comments: