Monday, August 20, 2012

Soaking in Sunshine, Soaking in Silence

Monday, August 20, 2012:

It's another beautiful summer day (though it feels like fall). And, yes, I got the zucchini shredded for the freezer this morning. Now I'm eating a wonderful modified tabouli recipe from Farmer John's cookbook that uses zucchini and yellow squash in place of tomatoes and cucumber. Mmmm.

I'm soon off to work. Happily, I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice this morning. Of course, I soaked up every ray of sunshine I could since it feels like summer is slipping away. I noticed tension leaving my body as I moved; still, I had to remind myself to let my shoulders drop as I breathed in relaxation.

Our guests commented on how quiet it is here in our little spot of woods. They both slept well each night. I was surprised they thought it so quiet since they live in the middle of open countryside in northwestern Minnesota far from the madding crowd. But Curtis reminded me that their house is close to the road; consequently, they hear cars driving by and tractors working in the fields.

So, during my TCC practice, I not only soaked in sunshine, I soaked in silence. And now I'm ready for the madding crowds at Bayfield Library....

No comments: