Monday, August 20, 2012

Slowing Down to Heal

Friday, August 17, 2012:

Guests arrived last night. In the morning they returned to Bayfield to shop and Frances worked; meanwhile, I stayed home and did my T'ai Chi Chih practice and napped. I feel as though I'm coming down with a cold (or something) so it felt wonderful to take care of myself, to slow down ... and relax.

In late afternoon the four of us traveled to Corny for a walk on the beach and a Friday night fish fry (the broiled white fish, coleslaw, dilled potatoes, and fresh baked rye rolls were delicious!). Back home again, I hit the bed by 8:30 p.m. while the others watched the BBC series "Human Planet."

Saturday, August 18, 2012:

Yep, I woke with a slight sore throat and an overwhelming feeling of tiredness even though I slept more than 12 hours last night!

When Frances, her brother, and sister-in-law headed to the orchards to pick blueberries, I opted out and chose, instead, to hit the deck for a long, slow TCC practice. Afterwards, I ate a delicious, health-inducing lunch and sat on the deck in a rocking chair to soak in some healing sunshine....

Sunday, August 19, 2012:

Curtis and Becky were on their way early this morning (Frances, too, was off to work). Once again, I stayed home to rest, nap, practice T'ai Chi Chih, drink water, take supplements, and heal.

Unfortunately, I felt a bit like I was going through the motions during my TCC practice. Still, it was good to be outside in the warm sunshine. By late afternoon I felt better as I hit the kitchen for a major cooking session (baked chicken, fruit salad, stir-fried veggies, etc.).

Eventually I ran out of time and energy so tomorrow morning I'll be grating zucchini and prepping green beans to freeze. (I love this time of year and the abundance of the garden. We're doubly blessed as Curtis and Becky brought some of the fruits from their garden to share.)

No comments: