Saturday, August 4, 2012

City Slicker and Country Bumpkin

Friday, August 3, 2012:

Hey, I found a new location for my T'ai Chi Chih practice today ... in the yard outside the library during my lunch break. After a morning of intensive work, it was refreshing to leave the library, spend time outdoors, and circulate the Chi.

I stood with my back facing the parking lot and focused on the trees at the edge of the lot and, even though I was in the city of Bayfield and could watch cars drive by, I felt as though I was in my own private practice area. After lunch I went back to work with  more energy and an excellent attitude.

Saturday, August 4, 2012:

Uhhhh. All night and all of today were spent with an unrelenting headache. I worked on processing zucchinis most of the morning but, after Frances and I made a late afternoon run to the dump, I was done. I loaded myself onto the Migun massage table and let the rollers work their magic. While the machine ran I did a full mental rehearsal of TCC.

It appears that the headache is here to stay for today despite my best efforts (and Frances's excellent neck and upper back massage). I'm laying low for the rest of the day....

No comments: