Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Staying with the Feeling

Tuesday, July 10, 2012:

By necessity today's T'ai Chi Chih practice was split into two sessions. An early morning appointment and errands kept Frances and I running until time for work. Frances dropped me off at the library and then, after work while I waited for her to pick me up, I managed a ten minute practice. What better way to use excess time?

Home again I was busy with family phone calls regarding a get-together in several days. It wasn't until shortly before bedtime that I returned to my TCC practice (indoors). Perfect. I sank into deep relaxation and comfort before entering sleep. Ahhh.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012:

Per a phone conversation with my sister last night I'm opting to stay in the present as much as I'm able. Clearly, these recent stressful weeks have stimulated old patterns of fear and anxiety. Do these feelings help me? NO!

Along the way I've managed to keep up my daily TCC practice and experience relaxation and inner peace while I do my movements. It's challenging to continue that state post-practice. And, as I've mentioned before, perhaps that is one of my lessons to learn.

Today I feel better. I actually practiced T'ai Chi Chih outside in the sunshine. It felt wonderful, helpful, and regenerative. And, I'm staying with those feelings as long as I can....

No comments: