Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Burning with Chi

Monday, July 30, 2012:

We're having work done on our house this week; consequently, it's difficult to find time and space for a quiet T'ai Chi Chih practice. It's power tool central here with the never-ending sound of hammering and sawing.

I actually delayed my TCC practice until after work and found myself moving in the quiet peacefulness of an after-hours library. That felt wonderful and, for whatever reason, I wasn't even distracted by all the book titles and diversions surrounding me....

Tuesday, July 31, 2012:

Again, TCC practice was delayed 'til late in the day, after home improvements, work, and grocery shopping. I practiced in the upstairs bedroom while Frances fed an outdoor fire in view of my window. It was fun to see the fire shining brightly in the darkness and leaping and jumping with an abundance of Chi energy.

The fire danced and I danced. My practice partner burned brightly (and I did, too, in my own less visible way). And now ... it's time to rest.

No comments: