Sunday, June 17, 2012

May the Chi be With Me

It's an absolutely fabulous post-rain day: sunny, breezy, and stunningly beautiful. I'm back to tackling my overabundance of paper and files today but, first, T'ai Chi Chih practice.

I stood for TCC today after many days (weeks?) of seated practice. It felt good to move, shifting weight forward and back on the bottoms of my feet rather than on my sitz bones (while seated). I added a 10-minute qigong practice too, with the hope that doubling the Chi would energize and motivate me to dive willingly into the messy piles of papers that currently cover the floors of two rooms.

My youngest brother just called and reminded me that today is the anniversary of our father's death. Thirteen years ago today. Interestingly, it's not a bad memory since the entire family was there with Dad to honor and support his passing. Still, I miss his presence in my life. Thank you, Dad, for being a teacher and guide, role model, and friend.

Well, I could keep trying to find ways to avoid the task that awaits me, but it seems that there's no time like the present. May the Chi be with me....

No comments: