Friday, June 22, 2012

A Lightening Heart

The earth is beginning to dry and harden after our inch upon inch upon inch of rainfall several days ago. I talked to one of my TCC student's husbands today--he's a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farmer--who said that his farm received six inches of rainfall that flooded and destroyed the plants in one of his gardens. Still, our area survived better than the Twin Ports (Duluth/Superior) and other towns in Minnesota.

It was another beyond perfection day. I stayed home and harvested rhubarb and sugar snap peas from our gardens, followed up on TCC class prep for my summer and fall sessions, and helped Frances get organized for tomorrow's Farmers Market in Bayfield.

At lunchtime I joined the goose and dog for my T'ai Chi Chih practice which they both promptly slept through. During a phone conversation with a friend this morning I realized how depressed I felt about the overwhelming busyness of summer in Bayfield, a tourist destination that loses its unique and quiet character when out-of-towners arrive (i.e., so much to do, so little time). I was glad to follow my phone conversation with a TCC practice because I could feel my heart lighten a tiny bit as I breathed and moved.

Tomorrow morning Frances and I participate in our first-ever Farmers Market. We're expecting to learn lots from our new venture. Who knows? Maybe I can practice TCC while we wait for customers to arrive....

No comments: