Monday, May 14, 2012

Sharing the Forest (and my practice!)

This day is beautiful--the sun so bright, the light so long--and I couldn't help myself, I leapt into TCC practice early (for me!). The deck is still my preferred location though the flying insect population is rapidly expanding.

Midway through practice I noticed two deer near our salt lick in the woods. We silently watched each other as they browsed on tree leaves and grasses and I moved quietly and consciously.

The Healing Sounds disrupted our peaceful companionability and one, then both, deer faded softly into the deep woods. At the conclusion of practice I gratefully bowed in the direction of their rustling retreating footsteps to acknowledge their peaceful presence. It's always a special joy to share my practice with the animals and plants that dwell in my forest home.

No comments: