Friday, April 20, 2012

T'ai Chi Chih Morning and Night

Thursday, April 19, 2012:

With all the travel prep, driving, and visiting along our way, I didn't settle into my T'ai Chi Chih practice until nigh on 11:00 p.m. (well past my bedtime). As Frances and our two hosts settled into their evening routines (and beds), I breezed through TCC practice.

I admit, I was so tired I could practically do my practice with my eyes closed. Still, it felt good to quiet the internal conversation, release the residuals from day long visits with old friends, and transition to a vacation mentality.

I hit the bed in a state of ultimate relaxation....

Friday, April 20, 2012:

It's a glorious sunshine-filled day in St. Paul, MN. Here it's greener and more blossomy than in Bayfield which is to be expected since our springtime is usually a month behind the Twin Cities.

Namaste is in dog-smell Heaven. We've already taken two walks and he acts as though he could easily take more. Meanwhile I slipped in a T'ai Chi Chih practice in our friends' backyard. I chose one sun-filled spot and watched my shadow move across the grass at my feet. As I moved Namaste snuck through the lilac bushes and into a neighbor's backyard.

It's quiet here since most neighbors are at work, but there's still plenty of action and activity surrounding us. It was relatively easy to slide through the TCC practice despite the fact that a little neighbor boy came to visit with Namaste at the fence line and birds galore were winging their way through the skies.

There's so much to do and see here, but I'd be content to sit in the backyard and simply read and relax.

No comments: