Monday, April 16, 2012

Raindrops and Monkey Mind ... Gone

What a shocker! I woke up this morning, looked out the window, and saw what?!? Snow. It wasn't just a light dusting either. The wet white stuff covered everything: cars, trees, earth (approximately three inches of accumulation). And to think that just two days ago (Saturday) I wore shorts and a short-sleeved t-shirt.

It's impossible to call those folks who predicted more snow before the end of our Northland winter season naysayers. In the depth of my being I knew they were right.

Today's T'ai Chi Chih practice was quieter than yesterday's. No sound of rain dripping from the sky. No busy Monkey Mind swinging from tree to tree. My thoughts--just like the scene through the window in front of me--were frozen in place.

I practiced TCC half-seated and half-standing. And I was accompanied by the sound of the wood stove fan blaring away as it worked to spread heat through the house. Now I'm warm and deeply quiet as I gaze outside and watch snowflakes racing past the window and the green tree buds high above.

No comments: