Sunday, April 15, 2012

Inner Conversations

During this morning's walk Frances and I noticed that the tops of trees are greener ... the buds are emerging! That's what happens, I guess, after a full day of beautiful sunshine (yesterday) and now a day of rain.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih out on the porch so that I could watch Lucy through the window in the door as she stood on the front step enjoying the rain. She's been honking all afternoon and I felt compelled to keep her company. Soon her eyes were closing and she looked as though she would fall asleep where she stood.

During practice I focused on the quiet tap-tap-tap of the rain. And, though the environment was peaceful and calm, my mind was not. I revisited many of my earlier thoughts and mental debates before I caught myself and returned to the Chi and the rain.

It is a wonderfully relaxing day what with the dark sky and constant precipitation. Monkey Mind, however, is on the rampage and I need to be more attentive to calming the inner conversations....

No comments: