Sunday, March 4, 2012

Relaxed and Ready

It's amazing how energetic a person can feel after taking care of business that's been avoided for weeks (or months) at a time. That's what happened today.

First, I set up a radon detection unit to monitor the level of radon in our home (I picked up the kit at the library before Christmas). Then Frances hooked up a wireless router that she bought several months ago to allow her to use her new wireless laptop at home instead of driving into Bayfield. Hurrah! I can now also connect the library's Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire to the internet.

Encouraged by the wireless hookup, I began sorting papers that have languished in my office for months (years?). And, with those accomplishments made, I went outside and shoveled for an hour (we received another light snowfall of 3-4 inches last night). When chores were completed, I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice outside.

It is different to do TCC in Sorel boots but it works. I also wore an oversized hat to keep my head warm in the 20ish temps. The sky was mostly blue, the silence was overwhelming (I heard a few birds singing), and I felt so grateful for this practice that brings me back to center.

Now it's time for dinner/movie guests and I'm relaxed and ready.

No comments: