Thursday, January 5, 2012

This is the Best Season of Your Life

What a beautiful, sunshine-filled day! And warm.... I just finished a phone conversation with one of my brothers who lives near Rochester, MN; he said it was close to 60 degrees there. Here in the Bayfield area we're in the 30s and the snow resting on our metal roof is melting, softening, and sliding to the ground.

Unfortunately, I've been working indoors all day but plan to take a walk down the driveway before night falls. I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice earlier this morning but now, hours later, it feels as though a full day has passed.

I'm currently in the midst of passing the word about my upcoming T'ai Chi Chih classes scheduled to begin next week. With the changing economy I need to meet strict enrollment minimums or the classes will cancel and, at this point, I have one of three classes filled. I'm considering whether it's time for me to change up my teaching arrangements; perhaps I need to work closer to home and/or try to reach a different audience. I'll let these thoughts rest in my consciousness for a time and see whether a solution reveals itself....
Ten thousand flowers in spring
The moon in autumn,
A cool breeze in summer
Snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by
unnecessary things,
This is the best season of your life.

          -- Wu-men
             From: Sr. Antonia's Jan. 2012 T'ai Chi Chih Newsletter

No comments: