Monday, January 9, 2012

Quiet Observations

Yes! The number of students enrolling in my beginning T'ai Chi Chih class set to start Wednesday continues to expand (which is great).

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice after sunrise today; it was so cloudy that there was no explosion of color to watch on the horizon. Nevertheless, we've miraculously ended up with blue skies and full sun. Hurrah! I'm inspired to take a walk in the warmth and sunshine as soon as I write my blog.

During today's practice I watched a mouse rush across the ground outside the windows and hide itself at the base of a nearby tree. Typically I simply don't spend much time quietly observing my environment so it was a treat (I know, that sounds odd!) to see the little mouse.

Again today I practiced focusing on my heart center as I moved; per Joan Borysenko, I inhaled earth and sky energy into my heart and exhaled it out to the edges of the Universe. It's a helpful strategy to increase energy flow and build a sense of unity and oneness with all the life forms that surround me.

I am grateful for my life and for this practice....

No comments: