Monday, January 16, 2012

Going Off-Line

Saturday, January 14, 2012, 5:30 p.m.

Given the amount of energy--or lack thereof--that I woke up with this morning I determined that today would be a day of rest. And, other than my "chop wood, carry water" activities (carrying in firewood and feeding a woodstove throughout the day, washing dishes, and cooking), I napped, read, and enjoyed the quiet.

I even shortened my T'ai Chi Chih practice (20 minutes instead of 30). And, because I couldn't bear the idea of turning on the computer, I wrote down my blog in my journal. I believe that we all need breaks from technology (it keeps us sane and humane) and a half-hour daily T'ai Chi Chih practice just isn't enough time spent off the grid (of electricity, communication, and responsibilities).

It felt great to slow down today and I'm inclined to extend my day of rest into tomorrow. We'll see what the sunrise brings into my world in the morning....

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I spent another day in peaceful relaxation. My major accomplishments included cooking a double batch of quinoa stew, hauling in three sleds of firewood (and splitting said wood), and indulging myself in lengthy phone conversations with my sister and one brother.

My evening T'ai Chi Chih practice was obviously relaxing; I lay down on the bed after practice to meditate and woke almost four hours later. Now it's early the next day....

No comments: