Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Benefits Galore

Today was stressful, but the lumps and bumps smoothed out during my two evening T'ai Chi Chih classes (a total of two hours of movement). By the time I reached home my one and only goal was to head for bed (it's interesting to note how stress can lead to extreme tiredness, especially when the cause of the stress is alleviated).

I did a ten-minute qigong cleansing earlier in the afternoon that pointed me in the right direction (i.e., toward peacefulness and detachment). My two evening classes, however, were so relaxing that I'm currently on the verge of sleep even as I sit semi-upright in front of the computer screen.

I came. I taught. I relaxed. I returned home. I can only hope that my students experienced even a modicum of the benefits that I accumulated from tonight's practices. It's such a wonderful gift to be able to share this practice with others. And ... I am blessed.

No comments: