Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh, peaceful night

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih by the light of the moon this evening ... the full moon, that is. I looked out the porch windows (with the inside lights turned off) and could see into the yard and woods as if an outdoor light were shining from the south end of the house. It was dark--yet light enough that the trees and house cast shadows--and mysteriously beautiful.

I had a difficult time focusing my mind since I had kitchen projects part-way done and knew that I had to return to them after practice. Also, my body seemed wobbly and unbalanced. Nevertheless, it was quiet and calm and soothing to be sheltered within the light-filled darkness.

I caught up on some house projects today and boy, did it feel good to stay home. I'm been running around and driving to and fro too much lately; this day felt like a nurturing gift of peace and quietude. Tomorrow I hope for more of the same....

No comments: