Friday, December 9, 2011

A Heart Tonic

I woke at 4:30 a.m. Remnants of last night's e-book training and thoughts about the busy day ahead kept me from returning to sleep so, at 5:30 a.m., I rose ... alive, alert, awake, and joyous!

I spent the first hour of my day scurrying around; I made my lunch, revived the fire in the wood stove, and began work preparations. Then it was time for my T'ai Chi Chih practice; and, I must say, none too soon. When I stepped into Resting Position, I could feel my heart thumping at a frantic pace. First order of business: calm my heart.

I immediately sat, placed hands on my chest and performed some Reiki and soon my heart rate slowed down. When I returned to my practice, I could feel that the TCC practice was just what I needed to quiet and calm myself before the start of busy-ness. I released myself into the silent peacefulness of early morning (without hurried thoughts or a endless agenda to contemplate). Ahhh. It felt absolutely perfect to let myself s-l-o-w.

No comments: