Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Day of Meaningful Coincidence?

11-1-11. Today's date seems significant. I don't know the exact reasons why but I know that I often look at the clock when it's 1:11 pm or 11:11 am (or pm). According to a quick search of the internet, numerological interpretations of 11:11 cite it as the beginning of new cycles, increased spiritual leanings, and compassion. Some people believe that looking at the clock when it reads 11:11 shows synchronicity or meaningful coincidence.

I've been thinking a lot about death recently and, today in particular, it's on my mind. I remembered this morning that today is the 12th anniversary of Frances's father's death. Also, I woke the other morning with a strong memory and feeling about my cat, Hiziki, who died three or four years ago. For whatever reason (astrological or otherwise), it feels as though there is a lot of activity in the spirit world.

I came home from work tonight feeling extremely tired so I was grateful for the opportunity to practice T'ai Chi Chih. As I moved I felt tension ease in my physical and mental muscles. And, post-practice, I'm still tired but definitely more relaxed. And I'll carry on with that desire to relax by sitting down to watch Doc Martin, a British situation comedy.

Blessings to us all on this day of 11111s.

No comments: