Saturday, October 22, 2011

To be?

To be, or not to be: that is the question.
Tomorrow afternoon Frances and I plan to see Hamlet at StageNorth, our local community theater. As you can tell, I'm readying myself for entry into this famous Shakespearean tragedy. I suppose I should prepare my body as well since one of the actors told me that this production was recently cut from its four hour length to three hours. That's a long time to sit in uncomfortable seats with limited leg room.

Today I was busy from morning 'til night. So busy, in fact, that it didn't occur to me until I was midway into dinner preparations that I hadn't yet practiced T'ai Chi Chih. Now I can gladly say, "It's a done deal."

Post-practice I feel good: energetic and motivated to keep on going even though bedtime draws near. I'm not at a loss for activities as long as my energy holds out. I have a pot of lentils cooking on the stove and I still have several chapters left to read for my copyediting project. It's time, it seems, to begin the beguine.

No comments: