Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stained with Energy

Saturday, September 10, 2011:

T'ai Chi Chih practice was short and sweet this evening after Frances, Namaste, and I returned from a trip to the beach. We stood in the water then briefly swam which is almost unheard of (for us!) due to the refreshingly cold water of Lake Superior. The air temp was in the low 70s as the sun slowly descended toward the horizon.

During TCC practice my fingers were filled with energy. Was it due to my earlier dip in the lake? My hard work-at-home energy-filled day? Or??? Whatever the reason, it felt wonderful to experience the fullness of energy in my hands.

I didn't write my blog last night for one simple reason ... the computer was turned off. I couldn't convince myself to turn it on because--surprise!--I thoroughly enjoyed being internet-free for one entire day. Ah, the simple joys of life.

Sunday, September 11, 2011:

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice early this morning before we began our hustle and bustle. The breeze is stronger today, strong enough to blow a tree down on the edge of the woods south of our deck. What can I say? It felt absolutely wonderful to take time to truly slow down and relax with no immediate agenda pending.

I admit, after staining the siding all day yesterday I'm less than eager to jump back into the fray. Besides, it's hot and sunny again and I'm in day of rest mode.

And so I slowed myself and slowed myself and s..l...o.....w.....e....d myself. I kept my eyes on the distant horizon with Lake Superior sparkling in the foreground. And now, post-lunch, I'm ready (I guess!) to take on some more work on the siding....

No comments: