Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anytime is the Right Time

Friday, September 16, 2011:

Too much to do today, too little time. Our weekend guest arrived before I finished stashing newly purchased groceries in the frig and freezer. After he settled in, we walked the Brownstone Trail, ate dinner out, and watched a DVD together. Then (surprise!) it was time for bed.

I flowed through a slow, relaxed half-practice, before I slid between the sheets and was on my way to dreamland.

Saturday, September 17, 2011:

Today I began my day with an early T'ai Chi Chih practice. I wanted to feel calm, relaxed, and energetic before we headed off for a long walk beside Lake Superior. And, yes, it's wonderful to begin the day with a dose of quietude, peace, and inner tranquility.

It was another busy day filled with good food, conversation, sightseeing, and walking/talking. I felt grateful to begin with TCC practice but was too tired when evening arrived to catch up with my blogs. And so....

Sunday, September 18, 2011:

Darkness. Clouds. Rain. Repeat.

We ate a leisurely breakfast with our guest and then bid him adieu. After I washed dishes I headed for the porch and T'ai Chi Chih practice. I positioned myself before the watchful gaze of Lucy and flowed through practice. Meanwhile Lucy kept me under surveillance as she tipped her head up to sip from a constant stream of water that flowed down the rain gutter. (I didn't know she did that!)

The air was moist and filled with chi. I easily slowed myself down because it was, pure and simple, a quiet, rainy, lazy day. Perhaps practice did open me up to receive the quiet peacefulness more deeply ... shortly after I finished my moving meditation I stretched out on the couch and took a nap.

Bedtime. Early morning. Lunchtime. Anytime is the right time for a T'ai Chi Chih practice....

No comments: