Monday, August 15, 2011

Spunk

This morning I did the first few movements of my T'ai Chi Chih practice while seated on the edge of an X-ray table at my medical clinic. I was waiting for films of my knee to be developed (the clinic does not have a digital system). Consequently, it was an ideal way to spend a few captivating (captivated) minutes.

The timing was perfect because shortly thereafter I had an EKG. The mini TCC practice helped me feel at ease as electrodes were placed upon my body to monitor my heart.

I continued my TCC practice on the deck at home several hours later. All went well during practice. I admit I noticed a baby chipmunk as it climbed up several small hazelnut trees. First I saw the leaves of the tree shaking. Then I spotted the chipmunk attempting to balance on the leaves. Eventually the little guy took a tumble. It wasn't long, though, before he was climbing skyward once again. (Frances speculated that he was harvesting hazelnuts.)

Some days--like today!--I wish I had half as much spunk as that feisty little critter.

No comments: