Friday, August 5, 2011

The Chicken Dance

It's another hot, humid day but instead of feeling miserable in the heat I managed to focus my attention on raspberry picking, cherry pitting, and cooking. I realized this afternoon that just as I settle into the summer groove the heat will soon be over (I expect cool morning breezes indicative of fall in a few short weeks).

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih on the deck in the still heat of late afternoon. I expected trouble with insects but none was forthcoming. Instead I listened to Frances as she drilled (and drilled and drilled) on our mailbox post in order to remove the current bolts and raise the level of the mailbox.

Two chickens, Rosie and Sandie, wandered into the south ravine and proceeded to dance the chicken dance. They scraped one foot (or two) along the dirt and weeds multiple times then pecked and stirred the open ground. From the looks of it they were successful in locating some snacks.

Meanwhile I looked into the trees and flowed softly and slowly through the TCC movements. My back is sore from salsa lessons two nights ago. Irregardless, it felt great to slow down and relax after a busy day off. There's always more to do, of course, but I'm more relaxed and calm than I was prior to my practice (and that's a wonderful improvement!).

No comments: