Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Part of All

It's a fabulous day! Clear skies, low humidity, sunshine.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih on the deck before tiny black flies (that leave huge welts on your skin) drove me inside. During the outdoor segment of my practice I was in sunshine heaven, soaking in warmth.

The goose took a swim in our newly-filled pond (thanks to recent rainstorms). While I moved Frances sat on the side of the pond to watch Lucy, the chicken grazed nearby, and the dog hovered close too. The family had gathered.

By late afternoon the clouds returned and come nightfall it's overcast once again. Still, it was wonderful to practice in the sunshine while it lasted. After I moved inside I felt that I was missing something. Hmmm. What could that be? Color, activity, animals, birds, and the lushness of approaching summer.

Being out in nature adds so much to T'ai Chi Chih practice. I truly feel that I'm a part of all of creation. What a blessed experience!

No comments: