Monday, June 13, 2011

One Constant

My sore throat comes and goes. My energy rises and fades. My work schedule flips and flops. One constant is my T'ai Chi Chih practice (I have yet to fully convert to a morning practice).

I opened the library this morning and was immediately inundated with patrons. The entire day I was in constant motion. It felt good to come home and slow into my TCC practice. I moved on the deck as I enjoyed the brightly colored blooms of orange poppy and blue irises (and the purple rake handle stuck in the dirt behind them). Eventually the mosquitoes drove me into the house.

It was bug free inside but I missed the beautiful chorus of birdsong, the cool breaths of air, and the fluorescent greenery. The TCC practice definitely slowed down my mind and body after a too busy day. And now I perfectly prepared for a quiet, relaxing evening....

No comments: