Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Deep, Soggy Peace

A steady, soothing rain lulled me into a deep sleep until after 8:00 this morning. Now heavy fog settles onto the earth as water slowly drips from rain soaked leaves.

Frances and I made lunch for our niece and her new husband today before they ended their honeymoon in the Bayfield area and headed for home. The four of us shared scrumptious food and good conversation as we reviewed their weekend wedding ceremony and celebration.

After they left I segued into my T'ai Chi Chih practice as I positioned myself in the porch facing south. There I immersed myself in the colors of summer blooms, bright against their well-watered green foliage: yellow swamp buttercups, blue iris, blue and pink lupine, white ox-eye daisies, and deep pink rhododendron. My feast for the eyes was delicious!

This afternoon feels like a holiday after recent weeks filled with work, visitors, travel, parties, and overnight guests. I'm grateful for this quiet time at home with my animals, my partner, and our beautiful, lush vegetation. TCC practice allowed me to soak myself in gratitude. And now ... here I sit drenched in deep, soggy peace....

No comments: