Friday, May 20, 2011

Spring is Sprung

Each day of spring offers new beginnings and new discoveries. Today we saw our first indigo bunting. Both Frances and I were thinking about these beautiful blue birds and wondering when they might arrive. Sure enough, while we sat on the deck this afternoon an indigo bunting appeared on the ground beneath the feeder.

The bird chorus was loud--forte--this evening; happy songs emanated from every direction. Shortly after dinner the birds quieted and spring peepers took center stage. Our beautiful, warm, sunshiny day is now covered with clouds and turning greyer by the minute.

I watched the lake across the distance while I practiced T'ai Chi Chih this evening. My feet and legs were tired from a day of chores and constant movement; it took attention and fortitude to glide through my practice. I admit, I struggled to get into the mood/mode for practice. Eventually I simply focused on slowing myself down.

Now I feel so slowed down and relaxed that I'm ready to declare the day over. Finis. The end. And with that thought in mind, I'll end this blog....

No comments: