Monday, April 25, 2011

Springing into spring

The Pasque flower bloomed this morning ... dark purple petals and a deep yellow center. It sat, brilliant, in the middle of the almost-empty, barely green garden on the south side of the house.

It's an absolutely gorgeous day: empty skies filled with bright light, shhh (quiet), and a slight, occasional breeze. I ate breakfast on the deck as Lucy grazed for greenery below. Later I convinced her to walk into the small pond nearby and, after a few pulls at roots lining the edges, she exited on the other side to groom. Downy feathers floated, flitted, and settled everywhere. And they needed to come out--quickly--as the temps today are mid-60s (although the next few days are predicted to be 30s and 40s with rain and snow?!?).

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih outdoors again this morning. It was hot in the sunshine but I stayed where I began my practice since Lucy slept nearby. She peered through a slightly opened eyelid when she heard rustling in the grass, a too-talkative squirrel, or me, loudly exhaling my Joyous Breaths or whispering Healing Sounds.

It felt wonderful to drink in warmth, sunshine, and the sounds of moving, singing, rejoicing, chasing birds, woodpeckers, squirrels, and chipmunks. It's a blessing and a joy to move upon the Earth in harmony with all the creatures that inhabit this woodland with me.

No comments: