Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Birthday Celebration!

It's a glorious spring day. Perfect for the birthday celebration we planned for Frances: cleaning the basement! Can you imagine? I know, I can't believe that's what she wanted to do either....

We took a break midday to run our garbage and recycling to the local dump about a mile and a half down the road. It felt like we'd timed our dump run just right because there we found plenty of friends and neighbors with whom to chat.

We caught up on local news, upcoming election plans for next week, and the name of the new owner of our next door property. And, on a whim, we stopped on our homeward journey to say 'hi' and 'welcome' to the owners who were outside picking up and cleaning up trash.

Home again, we headed back into the basement. At one point I felt that I'd hit my limit for dark, dirty work (besides it was dinner time) so I escaped to the kitchen. While pizza baked I sat on a stool in the porch and practiced T'ai Chi Chih.

It's subtle.... Still, I feel calmer, lighter, and better than I did before my practice.

No comments: