Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stand? No, Sit.

It's been one heck of a day. I received news that one of my cousins died unexpectedly yesterday morning. Then I spent several hours talking on the phone with another cousin and one of my brothers. All too quickly the family dynamics began to percolate and circulate.

By late afternoon when I began my T'ai Chi Chih practice, I was eager for peace, quiet, and healing energy to flood my body/mind. And partway through practice the sun emerged from behind its daylong cloud cover and I immediately felt better ... lighter.

My knee gave out on me again today. It's obviously time for me to engage in some seated practice. Unfortunately, I don't remember that I should do so until I'm into my practice and my knee collapses. Also during this time of year when the days are lengthening and the sun is shining I want to be out and moving. And so ... that's my intention for tomorrow: sit down and practice. No excuses.

No comments: