Friday, March 18, 2011

Sitting through Practice

Home chore day. I finished a number of projects but tax prep still looms in the background. Over the next two days I'll gather and organize information for our appointment with the accountant on Tuesday AM.

Because I committed myself to a seated T'ai Chi Chih practice today I followed through with that plan. I much prefer standing for my practice but with the current pain in my feet and knee it's best to take a break.

As darkness fell from the sky I sat in an armless chair on the porch and went through the TCC form. It's interesting to feel the energy even though I'm not literally shifting my weight. Of course, I still lead with my t'an t'ien which results in a definite feeling of forward and back movement. Still, I have yet to master the sideways movements while seated.

If I continue a seated practice over the upcoming days, I imagine that I'll begin to recognize the best way to accommodate the restrictions/constrictions to my movements that sitting down requires.

Now, though, it's time to r-e-l-a-x....

No comments: