Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Transparent Eyeball

Today was a stark contrast to yesterday. No sunshine. On and off snow throughout the day with grey skies outside and dark rooms inside. The temp hovered at 12 degrees all day long and now the snow is 2-3 inches deeper.

I practiced TCC with music playing in the background this afternoon. In recent practices I continue to relax my body as I move and hope that someday I'll be soft and light throughout my entire body. It's good to notice differences in how my body feels as I open and release tension. I really do feel more lightness and suspension as the effort dissipates.

Though I started T'ai Chi Chih at the beginning of the form today about five movements in I switched to the end of the form and practiced in reverse. I really must Pay Attention when I choose to do this reversal because the form is deeply ingrained in my body and I tend to automatically move into the following movement rather than the preceding movement. Yes, pay attention.
Standing on the bare ground ... a mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of God.
     Emerson, from: The Little Zen Companion, p. 18

No comments: