Thursday, December 2, 2010

T'ai Chi Chih Comfort

Brrr. Temps climbed from a chill 8 degrees to a warmer 12 degrees under cloud-filled skies today. It was difficult to venture outside after last week's East Coast visit that felt cold when temperatures were in the mid- to high-40s. Of course comfort's all about being appropriately dressed. When I finally walked down the driveway in late afternoon to retrieve the mail, I felt comfy cozy.

I'm still settling back into the rhythm of home life while sorting through mail, emails, spoiling food in the refrigerature and the like. In three weeks days will begin to lengthen. Until then the dog and cat spend long hours asleep in various chairs throughout the house.

This evening's TCC practice was interrupted by phone calls and Frances's difficulty in scheduling a birthday dinner for me tomorrow night. I felt disappointed but just kept moving through the form. There are a wealth of options for celebrating and, since I enjoy spending time quietly reading, walking, writing, etc., I could easily pass my birthday alone in quiet solitude.

With TCC practice over I feel exceedingly tired. And relaxed. And grateful that this day is drawing to a close....

No comments: