Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Stroke of Midnight

The weather was the same today as yesterday--20ish and cloudy--but the atmosphere felt different. Was I tuning into the quiet of my surroundings or the peace of the holiday? Regardless, it felt great!

Frances and I spent much of the day cleaning and cooking. Our friends, Dan and Tanya, arrived around 3:00 p.m. and we talked, ate, talked, watched DVDs (The Weeping Camel and Who Killed the Electric Car?), and talked some more.

It was another wonderful way to celebrate Christmas following last year's holiday with my sister and brother in Baltimore, MD or the previous year when Frances and I traveled to Central America and spent Christmas at eco-friendly Cerros Beach Resort in northern Belize. Today we didn't stay in a thatched roof cabana or share a quiet Christmas dinner prepared by Cerros owners, Bill and Jenny (professional chefs from Miami), and another pair of guests from Great Britain. Despite the lack of warmth, sun, and salt water, today was thoroughly enjoyable.

I squeezed my T'ai Chi Chih practice into a brief time slot between cleaning and guest arrival. That was just fine. By the time Dan and Tanya arrived the TCC had slowed me down and I felt relaxed and at ease.

And so, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night....

No comments: