Sunday, December 12, 2010

Soft-Softer-Softest ...

Well, the storm missed us or, perhaps more accurately, we missed the storm. The snow base is 3-4 inches deeper and high winds swept through the area plunging temperatures zeroward. Still, three of the four invited dinner guests ventured to our house and we shared a thoroughly delicious and wonderfully healthy meal and conversation.

Meanwhile, in the Twin Cities and southern Minnesota and Wisconsin snow fell fast and furious. The Metrodome stadium in Minneapolis collapsed under the weight of 17 inches of snow and the Vikings scrambled to find a location for their game against the New York Giants.

I admit, I'm not keen to venture out into the freezing temps myself. Could it be due to the recent passage of another year of life? Whatever the reason, the cooler indoor house temperatures are enough to discourage me.

Today was bursting with sunshine. I practiced TCC as light turned into darkness. Outside the window pink and dark blue streaks alternated across the horizon. Again, I focused on becoming softer and softer. It's interesting that after 15+ years of T'ai Chi Chih practice I'm moving to a different level of understanding regarding the meaning of soft. And, oh, it feels great to release undue tension and effort.

Tonight feels like a wonderful evening to snuggle up with a good book while I invite an animal or two onto my lap....

No comments: