Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Daze

Today's TCC practice was more abbreviated than usual. I was short on time before I headed off to work so I chose to move slowly through the first two-thirds of my practice rather than rush through the entire form.

It was pleasant to practice with a view of sunshine streaming through the trees. (The light was uplifting and warm.) Frances, Namaste, and I walked to the mailbox afterward. It felt good to be outside in sunshine with warmer temps and no breeze to whip up terrifying windchills.

This evening I heard from my brother about snowfall in southeastern Minnesota. His first snow removal, he said, was shoveling snow out of his house after he managed to walk through waist high drifts to open his front door. On this morning's radio news I heard about a 10-12 car accident on a bridge into LaCrosse, WI. And bro reported that Rochester, MN roads are still slick with ice due to rains that preceded the weekend snowfall.

I'm grateful for mere inches of snow compared to one to three foot accumulations. And I'm tired from another busy day at work. Truth be told, I'm ready to r~e~l~a~x.

No comments: