Saturday, December 18, 2010

Inspired by The Happy Lady

It's another clouded, shrouded day. My mood is down due to a headache, mental fogginess, and tiredness. Instead of lounging in lowness, though, I recall a story I read several days ago about Erica McElrath, a women in St. Louis, MO known as "The Happy Lady."

When Erica lost her nursing assistant job last January, she took to the streets. Singing and dancing, that is. Her message to people: "Just be happy and do what you love." So I'm taking to the streets today. I'm off on errands and when I return, I'll bake some holiday cookies. I love to bake and cook and I'm confident that baking gifts for others will elevate my mood.

Before leaving home this morning I did my TCC practice. It helped me to prepare myself for heading out into the world. My goal for today's practice: continue softening my muscles and movements. By practice end I still felt tired but it felt uplifting to merely move my body.

Today I don't feel like an interesting or interested person but I'm continuing on and there's something to be said for that.

No comments: