Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Following the Lead of Tan T'ien

Today is recovery day after two long, on-again, off-again busy work days at the library. While I rested and read (surprise!) I managed to finish two books and start a third.

My dedicated reading indicates that I'm devoted to my job (it's true that I want to be aware of our newest acquisitions--actually as many books as possible--in order to offer informed assistance to our patrons). In actuality, though, I've been a devoted reader my entire life.

We enjoyed another day of sunshine and warm, warm weather (30 degrees). Frances and I took a walk in mid-afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed leaving our heavy jackets and mittens at home.

During my afternoon T'ai Chi Chih practice I focused on following the lead of my tan t'ien. When attention is placed in the center, it feels easy and effortless to allow the body to follow along. I simply allowed tan t'ien to lead me through the Taffies, Working the Pulley, and Passing Clouds while I enjoyed the ride.

And, by the end of my practice, my energy improved. I felt better. Yes, once again, life is good....

No comments: