Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Floating on Softness

It's sunshiney all around for the second day! I'm soaking in warmth and brightness as fast as I possibly can. Tonight freezing rain is predicted.

This morning I practiced TCC by the patio door as sunlight gleamed all around me. Yesterday's icicles were gone except for one long, pointy, glistening tip of light. The escargot begonia in the south window (whose leaves swirl and twist like a snail) birthed two pure white blossoms into the light. The backsides of these delicate star-shaped petals glisten and sparkle in the streaming sunshine.

I'm scheduled for another long solo shift at the library today. Consequently, my TCC practice is part of my preparation and grooming routine. Though it may not be noticeable to others, the feeling of inner calm and grounding that comes from circulating the Chi energy is as necessary to me as washing my face, brushing my teeth, or combing my hair.

I'm still marveling about how wonderful it feels--and how much attention and intention it takes--to stay soft throughout my practice. May I float on this softness and let it carry me through the day....

No comments: