Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cold Weather Chi

Baby, it's cold outside! It was below zero when I woke, 10 degrees by noon, and I never heard the wind chill reading.

There are splotches of blue sky overhead and, yes, I did see the sun shining for several minutes again this morning. Each time the sun pierces through heavy cloud cover it feels miraculous.

Monkey Mind was busy during my T'ai Chi Chih practice this morning. Despite that fact I moved with softness and felt the Chi.

I focused on my center (t'an tien) today since that strategy was used by the T'ai Chi master on the Parkinson's DVD I watched several days ago. My students could benefit from spending more class time moving from--and focusing on--t'an tien. Since all movements originate from the center it makes sense to spend more teaching time there.

After TCC practice I took a 45 minute walk. It was frigid! Frances abandoned me at the end of the driveway when the north wind hit her face. Too cold, she said and turned around. I marched on and eventually warmed up. It's going to be a cold week. Luckily I can--and will--practice TCC in the warmth and comfort of my home.

No comments: