Monday, December 27, 2010

Chi-ing Up to Serve the Public

Sun, sun, glorious sunshine! My day began at zero degrees but quickly warmed to 20 after my surroundings and I were flooded with warm, delectable light. Yep. It felt great to be alive today!

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih in front of the patio door in order to soak in sun rays as I moved. Everything sparkled. Icicles hanging from the eaves reflected light in every direction. In fact, several minutes into my practice I felt like I was sparkling too!

I practiced TCC immediately before driving to the library to begin my first full day working alone at the library. Though I was fairly confident that I could handle the workload I did have a few qualms about how busy it might be throughout the day. Of course, my TCC practice relaxed me and put me in the proper frame of mind to work with the public for eight hours straight. And ... all went exceedingly well.

Tomorrow's workday ... the same. Both of my co-workers are still on vacation so I'm covering the pre- and post-holiday shifts. Undoubtedly today's TCC practice helped prepare me for my no-break day at work which means I'll make it a priority to practice prior to work tomorrow as well. Why mess with a good thing?

No comments: