Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving T'ai Chi Chih ... Giving Thanks for TCC

It's 20 degrees and the snow keeps falling, heavy and wet. There may be tornadoes in Illinois and other parts of Wisconsin but here in northwestern Wisconsin, winter has arrived.

Frances and I leave tomorrow in the middle of the night in order to drive to the Twin Cities to catch a flight to DC. I've never flown over Thanksgiving which I hear is the busiest travel time of the year and so I wonder about weather, driving conditions, flight delays, and the new airport security system that requires passengers to go through a full body scan or have their person "roughly" patted down (per news reports).

I could worry. Instead I trust that everything will turn out fine, whatever happens. Typically whenever anything goes "wrong," I have a good experience, meet interesting people, and/or learn something about myself.

And so the most helpful thing I can do for myself over the next few days is to engage in a TCC practice. I did so after work this evening and could immediately feel my body slowing down, unwinding, and releasing tension. After several days of pushing myself to prepare for this trip I've hit the wall and, again, need to trust that I've done all that I need to do.

Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) will be the one year anniversary of my daily blog, Rooted in Earth, Suspended from Sky. I'm unsure whether I'll have a computer available to publish my entries this coming week as I travel to Charles Town, WV and back again. If not, I'll keep a journal and publish my T'ai Chi Chih travelogue when I return.

Rain or snow, delayed or on schedule flights, radiation or pat down, each day is an adventure, each trip an opportunity to practice my ability to go with the flow whether it be watery wet or slickly frozen....

No comments: