Tuesday, November 9, 2010

T'ai Chi Chugging

Yet another blissfully beautiful day (55 degrees)! Those of us who live in these northern climes simply can't believe this weather is real. But that doesn't prevent us from enjoying it while it's here.

It was a busy, buzzy day. Brunch with our neighbors to talk with them about animal care while we're off to visit my sister over Thanksgiving. Then a full afternoon of work followed by a town meeting on budget issues. I couldn't convince myself to attend the meeting even though I'd already told Frances that I'd pick her up there.

Immediately after work at the library I spent about 15 minutes in a T'ai Chi Chih practice with the hope that I could build enough energy to drive to the Town Hall and perhaps spend some time at the meeting. No such luck. I wanted to head home and go to bed. And I did head home.

After I entered the house I spent another 15 minutes in a TCC practice, wrote this short blog, and then "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to bed I go...."

Sometimes the best possible solution when you're tired, cold, or hungry is to take care of your needs first and leave obligations for later. I'm subscribing to that philosophy tonight. 'Night, 'night.

No comments: