Friday, November 12, 2010

T'ai Chi Chih: A Self Care Strategy

Today--this feeling, this atmosphere, this weather pattern--demonstrates true North Woods fall weather. Overcast, grey, and cool (30s, low 40s).

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice outside on the deck this morning in 38 degree temps. It was quiet ... and wonderful.

An out-of-town friend is visiting for several days. In the past I typically spent most of my available moments conversing, sharing, and visiting with my guests. Now I appreciate taking time for myself. When I take enough space to practice TCC and write my blog, I also find that I'm rejuvenated, refreshed, and in touch with my self. That's a good thing. I imagine, too, that my self-care contributes to the time I share with my friend. It's a win-win situation.

After a healthy lunch I hope that the three of us will take a long walk in the woods since I, for one, need the exercise. Of course, the prediction for rain and snow is a good motivator to get out moving on dry ground and real dirt before it's hidden away under the cold, frozen, wet stuff.

No comments: