Monday, November 15, 2010

Eight Hours: No more, No less

I told my partner last week that my regular daily T'ai Chi Chih practice led to an unexpected outcome: I sleep no more than eight hours per night (unless I'm ill or overtired). Many people--perhaps a large majority for whom eight hours of sleep a night is a luxury--may laugh at this declaration. Still, I'm a person who always needed a minimum of eight hours of sleep per night ... usually more. To snap awake at exactly the eight hour mark is a miracle and a revelation.

Frances advised me accordingly, You've got to write that in your blog. And so, here it is....

After a busy day, T'ai Chi Chih practice was a welcome end of the day relaxer and rejuvenator. I pointed myself toward a dark window and watched my reflection while the dog barked madly just outside. Eventually, of course, I acclimated myself to the sound of his bark but I also felt relief when Frances let him inside and all turned silent once again.

I hope to flip my practice to the AM tomorrow and the next day before I head off to work and, if I do, I promise I'll make more sense and have more to say in the next few blogs.

No comments: