Monday, October 4, 2010

Why? Because ...

Today I'm logging the 300th entry on Rooted in Earth. Who knew when I started this blogging project on Thanksgiving Day 2009 that I'd carry my commitment forward every day for a week? a month? six months?  or this long?

I've certainly learned a lot about myself and my T'ai Chi Chih practice from this experience. Some days the words flow out of me as if I'm a river emptying into Lake Superior. On other days I feel as if I'm caught in a hidden backwater where vocabulary is seldom used. Then again, sometimes it's difficult to stop writing because there are so many interesting tidbits and observations to report. A day later it seems as if there is nothing worth noting in my life or in my TCC practice and I wonder, Why do I bother?

I keep writing because I trust this process even though I don't know exactly where it's leading me. And I realize that this daily TCC practice and writing practice is enriching my life and calling for me to be more conscious and conscientious.

Today I learned how helpful it was to have two TCC practices, a brief session before work and a longer one after work. My early practice was performed outside in warm, luscious sunshine. It slowed and centered me in preparation for my workday. My later practice occurred around 8:00 p.m. when the afternoon light was gone and my feet and legs were weary. It provided me with a welcome pick-me-up after a busy, tiring day.

No comments: